The Audi Type K, which was presented at the Berlin Motor Show in the autumn of 1921, was the first German car with left-hand drive. Even though right-hand traffic had always dominated in Germany, all German cars until then had been right-hand drive. For reasons of safety when overtaking and when passengers were getting in and out, Audi switched to left-hand drive in 1921. By 1928, the other German carmakers had followed suit.
Engine: 4-cylinder in line
Displacement: 3,560 cc
Power: 50 hp at 2,200 rpm
Maximum speed: 90 km/h
Fuel consumption: 18 litres/100 km
Price: 16,500 Reichsmarks (chassis)
Production: 192 cars