In 1939, DKW developed a new model that was presented as an answer to the competition expected from Volkswagen in the spring of 1940. The car inspired with its new 28 hp 3-cylinder 2-stroke engine and with its aerodynamic shape. Start of production was prevented by the outbreak of war. After the war, the vehicle was launched in the now divided Germany: as the IFA F 9 in East Germany and as the DKW 3=6 at the new Auto Union in West Germany.
Engine: 3-cylinder, 2-stroke in line
Displacement: 900 cc
Power: 28 hp
Maximum speed: approx. 110 km/h
Production: 10 cars