At the Berlin Motor Show in February 1937, Auto Union presented the "large DKW" with rear-wheel drive and 4-cylinder charging pump engine in a completely new guise. For the first time the company had turned its back on the typical DKW wooden body and presented a modern middle class car with steel panel body. Like all large DKW models, the car was built in the DKW factory at Berlin-Spandau and was available as either a saloon or as a convertible saloon.
Engine: V4-cylinder 2-stroke in line with 2 charging pumps
Displacement: 1,054 cc
Power: 32 hp at 3,800 rpm
Maximum speed: 100 km/h
Fuel consumption: 12 litres/100 km
Price: 3,100 Reichsmarks
Production: 10,482 cars