Born on March 4, 1894 in Nove Hrady (then Gratzen in Bohemia), Carl Hahn began his professional career in 1922 as the “right-hand man” of J.S. Rasmussen, the proprietor of Zschopauer Motorenwerke/DKW. Within a short time he built up a modern, efficient sales and marketing structure.
When Auto Union AG was established in Chemnitz, Carl Hahn joined the Board of Management and assumed responsibility for Sales. After the Second World War he was involved to a decisive extent in the re-establishment of the Auto Union in Ingolstadt and Düsseldorf. He retired from the company for health reasons on June 30, 1951 and died on June 5, 1961 in the Belgian seaside resort of Le Zoute, near Knokke.
Audi history: the “Four Rings” as book or e-journal.