AUDI AG

Toggle Menu

Audi 920 saloon, 1939


The Audi brand switched back to rear-wheel drive in 1939 with its 920 model. This car, which was designed at Auto Unionā€˜s Central Development and Design Office, was a high-quality vehicle in terms of both technology and design. Its chassis was adopted from the Wanderer W23 and it was fitted with a 75 hp six-cylinder OHC engine, the design of which was derived from the Horch in-line eight-cylinder unit. The model on display was owned by one family from 1939 to 1998 and is still in an excellent condition although unrestored.

Engine: 6-cylinder in-line, 4-stroke
Displacement: 3,281 cc
Power: 75 hp at 3,000 rpm
Maximum speed: 81 mph
Fuel consumption: 15 mpg
Price: 7,600 Reichsmarks
Series: 1938-1940
Production: 1,281 cars