DKW F 5 Meisterklasse convertible saloon, 4-seater, 1935
After Auto Union AG was set up in June 1932, DKW cars with front-wheel drive were the company's volume models. In February 1935, the new DKW F 5 model series was presented. A stabile centre box frame supported the wooden body, which was clad in artificial leather and built at the DKW coachmakers in Berlin-Spandau. With the model series F 5, Auto Union completed the step to become a large-volume manufacturer with daily production totalling up to 200 vehicles.