AUDI AG

Toggle Menu

Wanderer 5/15 hp Type W3N "Puppchen", 1914


Founded in Chemnitz in 1885, the Wanderer factory initially manufactured bicycles, with motorcycles following from 1902. The first Wanderer automobile was launched in the spring of 1913, a compact 12 hp 2-seater in which the seats were arranged in tandem (Type H). Because many customers disliked the concept of sitting in tandem, the Wanderer factory launched the Type N with side-by-side seating in the autumn of 1913.

Engine: 4-cylinder in line
Displacement: 1,147 cc
Power: 12 hp at 1,800 rpm
Maximum speed: 75 km/h
Fuel consumption: 8 litres/100 km
Price: 3,800 marks
Series: 1913-1914
Production: approx. 700 cars