Wanderer 8/40 hp, Type W 10/II saloon, 1928
The Wanderer W 10, presented in December 1925, was a modern midsize car packed with all the latest features of automotive engineering. This was the first Wanderer with left-hand drive, a central gear lever, a multiple dry-plate clutch, fourwheel brakes and a unitary engine block and gearbox. The W 10/II with a 40 hp fourcylinder engine appeared in 1927. The vehicle exhibited here has been left in its original state. This vehicle, which only had one owner, was registered for use on public roads without interruption until it came into the possession of AUDI AG in 1996.