Wanderer No. 2 prototype, 1906
Wanderer No. 2 dates from 1906 and was the first complete roadgoing automobile to be produced by the Wanderer factory. The first prototype, started a year earlier, did not progress beyond a chassis with single-cylinder engine. This car, the second prototype, has a twin-cylinder engine and three-speed gearbox; its attractive open two-seater body was built by the Kühlstein company of Berlin. It too remained a one-off design and never went into production. Wanderer’s first production car was the “Puppchen” (“Baby Doll”), introduced only in 1913.