Audi 14/50 hp Type K Phaeton, 1925
The Audi Type K, which was presented at the Berlin Motor Show in the autumn of 1921, was the first German car with left-hand drive. Even though right-hand traffic had always dominated in Germany, all German cars until then had been right-hand drive. For reasons of safety when overtaking and when passengers were getting in and out, Audi switched to left-hand drive in 1921. By 1928, the other German carmakers had followed suit.