Audi 920 saloon, 1939
The Audi brand switched back to rear-wheel drive in 1939 with its 920 model. This car, which was designed at Auto Union‘s Central Development and Design Office, was a high-quality vehicle in terms of both technology and design. Its chassis was adopted from the Wanderer W23 and it was fitted with a 75 hp six-cylinder OHC engine, the design of which was derived from the Horch in-line eight-cylinder unit. The model on display was owned by one family from 1939 to 1998 and is still in an excellent condition although unrestored.