AUDI AG

Toggle Menu

Audi Type T "Dresden" saloon, 1930


In 1928, DKW Chairman Jörgen Skafte Rasmussen assumed a majority shareholding in Audiwerke AG. The previous year he had purchased the production facilities for 6- and 8-cylinder engines from the bankruptcy assets of the American Rickenbacker Motor Company. He had these engine built at the DKW factory in Scharfenstein and installed in the cars of the Audi brand.

Engine: 6-cylinder in line
Displacement: 3,848 cc
Power: 75 hp at 3,200 rpm
Maximum speed: 100 km/h
Fuel consumption: 18 litres/100 km
Price: 9,350 Reichsmarks
Series: 1930-1932
Production: 76 cars