DKW E 206, 1927
A characteristic feature of the DKW E 206 is the open lower section of the tubular frame, with the engine block used as a load-bearing link. This motorcycle was among the most successful products in the company‘s history. In 1928, when motorcycles of up to 200 cc engine size were exempted from road tax and could be ridden without a licence, DKW reacted more rapidly than other manufacturers and reduced the displacement of its E206 to 198 cc. This new DKW E 200 model had the newly created segment of the motorcycle market to itself for many months.