DKW RT 350 with Binder sidecar, 1956
The RT 350 was the top DKW motorcycle model developed in Ingolstadt. It had a powerful, smooth two-stroke twin engine and could reach a top speed of 115 km/h. The hydraulic rear brake was another new feature. The sidecar was built by the Binder company in Reichertshofen, near Ingolstadt. Styled to resemble the DKW 3=6 passenger car, the hinge-up cover made entering and leaving the sidecar much easier.