Horch 25/42 hp army truck, 1916
This truck was developed for military use during the First World War. In its time it was built in greater numbers than any other vehicle of the Horch brand. Its engine was derived from the large 4-cylinder 25/55 hp model that had been in production since 1909. Reduced to 42 hp, it powered the truck's all-rubber tyres and its 3.5-tonne payload, optionally with chain or shaft-drive. Prior to this – in 1914 – the first Horch buses had been successfully equipped with this engine.