Wanderer 5/15 hp Type W3 delivery van, 1914
Founded in Chemnitz in 1885, the Wanderer factory initially manufactured bicycles, with motorcycles following from 1902. The first Wanderer car was launched in the spring of 1913, a compact 12 hp 2-seater in which the seats were arranged in tandem. At the same time a delivery van was developed in which the rear seat was replaced by either a box structure or a platform body. From June 1914 onwards, the compact Wanderer van was fitted with a more powerful 15 hp engine.