Bicentennial of the Bicycle
From the Germania high-wheeler to the Audi Sport Racing Bike
The bicycle’s 200th birthday is fast approaching and Audi Forum Neckarsulm, once the world's largest maker of two-wheelers, will be taking part in the celebrations with a special exhibition on history of bicycles through the end of October. The exhibition will show some of the bicycles produced in Neckarsulm by NSU Motorenwerke AG from 1886 to the early 1960s. Current models will also be on display, indicative of the continued importance to this day as fitness equipment, a handy means of transport across town or across a company campus. Free admission.
Bicycles on display from 1886 until today:
- High-wheeler Germania, 1886
- Safety two-wheeler "Pfeil", 1888
- NSU men's bicycle "Pfeil 25", 1929
- NSU men's bicycle "Sulm", 1929
- NSU men's bicycle "Pfeil-Chrom", 1936
- NSU men's bicycle "Flux", 1936
- NSU motor-assisted bicycle "Motosulm", 1936
- NSU touring bicycle model 42-1, 1951
- NSU women's sports bicycle model 481, 1962
- Company bicycle model Speedliner Al28
Tradition shop – details that demonstrate passion
Audi stands for passion and a moving story. This is also illustrated by the diversity of the products in the traditional shop on the second floor of the Audi Forum. Selected historical model cars, calendars and books of the highlights of the brand's heritage and accessories such as watches with historical logos are waiting for all fans of the more than 100-year history of Audi.