Tone of Voice
Our language goes one step further
“Future is an attitude” – this attitude also has an impact on the language. We think in visionary terms, using new technologies to achieve quality and sustainability, thereby always focusing on people. We use our language to bring visions to life and to highlight connections and opportunities. Our language engages in dialogue with the customers in the same way that we interact with the future.
Our language is flexible
Embraced mobility calls for a language that is agile. It is never rigid. It draws people forward. It communicates the next step and leads the way.
Like a colon, after which something always follows.
Our language is full of appreciation
Caution and appreciation are also part of progress: The seizing of opportunities, the will to embrace transformation and transparency. Our language is open and explains what drives us.
After all, we want to share our passion for technical innovations, high standards, and mobility – with our customers, who we treat with respect.
Appreciation also means using gender-neutral wording wherever possible.
- “Future is an attitude” – that is more than progress. It is progress that is transformative and sustainable. We are ahead of our time. Thinking about tomorrow and beyond. And talking about it.
- We play an active part in shaping the future and take that decisive next step with our customers. As a partner on equal terms. Driven by a shared passion for technology with which we are changing the world for the better. We communicate this in a clear and transparent manner.
We generate enthusiasm
Our sentences are powerful and comprehensible.
We use them to express our enthusiasm, experience, and conviction in relation to everything we do.
We use active sentences
Passiveness neither suits our personality nor our language. We are self-confident doers and this is reflected in our language – we use active sentences wherever possible.
We avoid exaggeration
We know what we are capable of and do not have to exaggerate it. If we use superlatives, then they get straight to the point.
We give the text structure
We ensure the content is clearly laid out by using subheadings, short paragraphs, and bullet points.
We avoid using complex multi-clause sentences.
Focused on dynamic aesthetics
The interior of the Audi e-tron GT quattro reveals its supreme suitability for everyday use in combination with high-quality looks.
Pioneering design icon
The design of the Audi e-tron GT quattro is the consistent embodiment of electric mobility and Audi’s distinctive DNA.
Multifaceted driving enjoyment
The sheer dynamism of the Audi e-tron GT quattro is tangible. That’s because its concept combines all the elements that characterize a well-balanced sports car.
The interior of the Audi e-tron GT quattro will impress you – with high-quality looks and stylish suitability for everyday use.
Pioneering design icon
Its consistent design will inspire you – with electric mobility and captivating Audi aesthetics.
Multifaceted driving enjoyment
Its dynamics will seduce you – with handling that is both sporty and coherent.
- We choose self-confident, powerful verbs such as “impress,” “inspire,” and “seduce.”
- We synchronously build up headlines, like here with adjective and noun. This consonance provides comprehensibility and clarity and gives structure to the text.
- We only repeat the long model name when necessary. This is how we guarantee clear, concise sentences.
Horch did this because he founded a new car company in the same year. Since the name Horch had already been taken and he was prohibited from using it, he translated his family name into Latin: “Audi”. The marque’s first car came onto the market in 1910. Audi garnered a great deal of attention following its three successive victories at the International Austrian Alpine Rally.
In the same year, Horch founded a new company.
Since he was not allowed to use the name Horch, he translated his surname into Latin. Audi. The first Audi came onto the market one year later and soon caused a stir: At the International Austrian Alpine Rally, the young marque racked up three victories in a row.
We choose our words carefully
We distance ourselves from hollow phrases: Our target group is located in the premium segment.
This means that we use language elegantly and intelligently, while attaching importance to every single word.
Our sentences depend on one another
We exploit their full potential, taking them literally or metaphorically. We let the reader glide through the sentences – like a pleasant car journey. The sentences intertwine and depend on one another. In the same way that one word leads to another when speaking, one sentence leads to another here.
Our sentences have rhythm
Our language follows its own rhythm. This may occur through the use of slick repetition of the sentence structure or by stringing together three striking adjectives. It is never predictable or boring, however, because we know how to adapt the rhythm.
We have an excellent command of the language
Nothing is more alive than language. Our knowledge and our love of aesthetics resonate on every line. If we share this knowledge, the approach is never loud, but endearing and courteous.
Those who know Audi, know quattro
And anyone who has ever been on the road with quattro no longer wants to drive anything else.
Why? Because this drive system transfers the engine’s force to the road so impressively.
quattro’s advanced technology offers dynamism and safety, while affording exclusive, unique driving pleasure. An Audi with the quattro drive system can also safely and easily make headway in places where two-wheel-drive vehicles no longer cope – such as on slippery or unpaved road surfaces.
You drive Audi – and feel quattro
Four times over. The quattro drive system enhances the unique handling of an Audi. Once you have experienced it, you no longer want to be without it.
Because the quattro drive system transfers the engine’s force to the road so powerfully. Because it offers dynamism and safety thanks to advanced technology, while affording this exclusive handling – even on slippery or unpaved road surfaces.
Because in places where a two-wheel-drive vehicle no longer copes, an Audi quattro makes an impression thanks to its innovative technology – and gets you safely and effortlessly to your destination.
- We use language elegantly and play with it. We take quattro literally here and appeal to the senses.
- Audi is sensuous pleasure, conveying a feeling of luxury and sophistication! We also reflect this in the language.
- We glide through the sentences: In the example, three sentences in a row start with the word “because,” generating a rhythm, with each picking up where the last left off.
- Every detail counts at Audi. And in our language, too, it is the subtleties that make the difference:
For example, “effortlessly” sounds more elegant than “easily.” In the same way, “makes an impression” is more stylish than “makes headway.”
We address the users and involve them
Our linguistic style is dynamic and inspiring. This means that we distance ourselves from impersonal pronouns such as “one” or “anybody” and directly address the user with “you.” We refer to ourselves as Audi in the first person plural and thus involve the customers.
We empower people to generate their own stories
Nothing is as powerful or inspiring as a good story. A story that is alive and constantly evolving. We take our customers with us on this journey and inspire them to create their very own experiences with the Audi brand.
We set the tone
We know that the right tone can have a big impact.
We want to captivate people and motivate them to do their own thing, like in the way our language empowers and guides them.
We believe in dialogue on equal terms
We believe in the creative will of our customers, their judgment, and their very own ideals and goals.
That is why we communicate on equal terms and invite them to engage in dialogue. We want our customers to feel as if they are seen and understood to be part of Audi.
- We directly address the customer and invite them to engage in dialogue through the use of verbs.
- We choose dynamic, inspiring words, such as the verbs “fascinate,” “stir,” and “live” used in this example.
- Once we have mentioned Audi, we switch to the first person plural (“we”) and get closer to the customer.
- Audi is self-confident and active: We do not only maintain the dialogue, but actively engage in it.
- By slightly rephrasing sentences, we make them more powerful and active: “Move” is more mobile than “is created,” while “being a trailblazer” is more captivating than “providing an outlook” and “pioneering developments” more impressive than “developments of the future.”