Gap Year Program
What to expect
The phase between your Bachelor's and your Master's is ideal to gather valuable experience and work on your personal development. With Bain, you don't have to choose between internships in different industries: Our gap year program gives you the chance to go through several of them.
- As a leading global consultancy, Bain offers you exciting tasks and early responsibility working on a broad range of client projects. Would you like to gather first-hand experience with private equity, help shape ESG transformation, or develop advanced-analytics strategies? Then Bain is the place for you!
- You will shape the biggest change in the history of the automotive industry at Audi, with future-oriented strategies as part of the in-house consulting team.
- At Deutsche Telekom's in-house consulting unit– the Center for Strategic Projects – you'll help shape the transformation of Europe's leading telecoms provider, driving digitization at the global level.
- Working with Procter & Gamble, you'll find out how you can align the range of consumer goods even more closely with the needs of tomorrow’s consumers.
- Does your heart beat for FC Bayern? The world's largest soccer club offers you an opportunity to gain deeper insights into its sustainability and digital strategies.
Five strong organizations, offering a chance to serve four exclusive internships within one year. All it takes is one application! We leave the choice up to you: During the application process, tell us your wish list among the participating companies. In any case, we guarantee you internships at your first two priorities.
In addition to your work as an intern, you'll benefit from a range of training and mentoring opportunities, as well as from various joint events for program participants and members of all five organizations. In other words, this is an opportunity for you to build a valuable network to guide and support you on your individual career path.
Our program partners
Bain & Company is a world-leading management consultancy that helps clients make critical strategic decisions. An insightful firsthand experience at Bain & Company marks the start of an extraordinary career: During your gap year internship at Bain, you'll be a full-fledged project team member from day one, independently working on a defined project part on the client's premises. This can be anything from a benchmark analysis, the design and evaluation of scorings and mathematical models, involvement in expert interviews, or the preparation of client meetings.
Based in Munich, FC Bayern München AG is known around the world as a top-notch German soccer club and organization and a global brand. During your gap year program, you'll be able to gain exclusive insights behind the scenes of the German record champion, supporting the Corporate Strategy & Business Development team in implementing the club's strategy. You’ll also find that our squad are not the only top performers at FC Bayern. Be a part of the team's success, working on exciting strategic projects with various organizational functions.
Shape the future and get started at a leading global tech corporation, the world's largest telecoms provider. Deutsche Telekom's mission is to bring people together across thousands of miles. In the company's in-house consulting unit, you'll be involved in those transformation projects most relevant to the management board. To bring about change, Deutsche Telekom is looking for great ideas, convincing concepts, and people with a passion for shaping change.
Every day, around 5 billion people use market-leading P&G products such as Gilette, Always, and Oral-B. In the course of your P&G internship you'll be contributing to this impact by taking on responsibility for your own brand-focused project. For instance: How should our new YouTube ad for WICK be designed from a brand management perspective? How can we improve promotions for Oral-B? Using a range of analytical tools, you'll develop strategies to tailor the P&G product portfolio even better to customer preferences. As you can see, your P&G internship is all about impact – not about making coffee.
We are looking for outstanding German-speaking university students of all fields who will finish their Bachelor's by mid-2023 and plan to take up a Master's course in the year to follow.
What else you need to know...
Our gap year program holds a series of highlights for you. An exclusive kick-off in September 2023 will mark the beginning of the program. Each of the four internship then lasts 10 weeks, with small breaks in between to spend as you please.
The Gap Year Programs schedule
Models, products and services – switch to your country / sales region website and discover the regional diversity of Audi.