Audi 18/45 hp Type D Landaulet, 1915
August Horch quickly became aware of the significance of standardised construction elements. All Audi engines had the same crankcase, regardless of their displacement, enabling them all to be fitted into the same chassis. The Audi Type D went into series production in 1912 and was often fitted with large, prestigious bodies. Such a vehicle was also employed at the Royal Stables of the Saxon Royal Palace. The picture shows King August III of Saxony visiting the German Crown Prince at his headquarters in 1915.