DKW Block 350, 1932
1929 represented a pinnacle in the development of DKW motorcycles. The introduction of engines with block-mounted gearbox was a pioneering move for the whole motorcycle industry. The compact drive unit had many advantages. Above all, there was no longer a need for the primary chain linking the engine and gearbox. This construction was continued in 1931 with the Block 350. In 1932 this was equipped for the first time with reverse-flow scavenging, which revolutionised 2-stroke technology.